It means that I'm supposed to tell you & her 8 random thoughts or factoids about me. So this oughta be an interesting exercise (for me, at least...):
1) I don't usually get writer's block on my blog unless I'm asked to write about myself or personal things about my life. You may've noticed I don't do that much. There's a reason for that: so far they're all nameless & they'd prefer to stay that way.
2) Like Z, I LOVE music! All kinds except maybe heavy metal & rap. I'm a singer - not professional - please! My singing is worth about what most people have ever paid for it! :) But I LOVE to sing!
3) I was a soccer player as a kid & in college. I turned in my cleats for running shoes, & ran on my own for years. Hey, it was cheap & easy! In the past 8 months, I've hung up the running shoes (maybe temporarily, maybe for longer) in favor of Pilates & Les Mills "BodyFlow" classes. Pilates has been excellent for muscle tone, core strength & flexibility. BodyFlow is this WONDERFUL combination of Yoga, Tai Chi & Pilates. It is a wonderfully strenuous experience that ends in a 10 minute meditation time. I use it most times for calming my mind, my body & for prayer.
4) I don't watch much TV. Contrary to what some of my recent visitors might believe, I don't even watch much Fox News. I will confess, though, I LOVE American Idol, The Biggest Loser & Medium. My favorite AI is David Cook. I thought Danny Gokey should've won this year. I thought either Tara or the young kid should've won Biggest Loser this time, not the blond mom who sent her overweight daughter home. My husband & I tape Medium every week @ watch it together - we get SUCH a kick out of the looks on Joe's face when he's awoken from dead sleep by Allison's nightmares! Ha!
5) I'm an avid gardener. My Grandmother, whose flowers comprise most of what I've got in my flower beds, used to tell me it was her 'therapy'. She also told me that gardening was a spiritual experience for her, that it taught her a lot about who God is, always making things new - bringing new life to once dead things. She was a quiet, wise, dear, loving woman. I miss her still. Sometimes when I'm in amongst her flowers, I feel her presence move through me & it takes my breath.
6) My favorite person in this whole wide world is my husband. He is the love of my life. He is my true soul mate, & the longer I know him the deeper I love him. The older we get, the more he surprises me with who he is; the more he surprises me with who I am as a result of his influence in my life. He is everything to me. We'll celebrate 17 years of marriage in June. God is so very good, friends.
7) I'm the youngest of 3 children. I have 2 older brothers - which may explain some things...! My oldest brother is retired Coast Guard. My middle brother is the Pastor of a new AMIA church 'plant'. I'm a stay at home mom with a career-on-hold as a Master's level Licensed Professional Counselor. It remains to be seen if I will further pursue this career in mental health counseling.
8) My dog is another one of my favorite people! And I am really, really enjoying getting to know my new blogging friends! I so enjoy your blogs, your visits here & the rapport we're all building. Thanks so much for your friendships!