Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sunday Inspiration: Happy Mother's Day!

…from Proverbs 31
“A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies.
Her husband has full confidence in her, and lacks nothing of value.
She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life...
She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.
She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.
Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her:
‘Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all’
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised...”

My family overflows with women of Godly & noble character who loved me, nurtured me & taught me how to be the same. I am truly blessed. The one & only Original is my mother, Lillian. She is the one who is spoken of in Proverbs 31, & I am forever blessed to be her daughter.

If you’ve read my archives, or been following since the beginning, you know that the end of my first post speaks of the ‘sarah palins’ in my life. While I count several dear friends in this group, these ladies are my foundation: Lillian, Mabel, Betty; Suzanne, Susie, Frances, & then my Faye. No other girl had more richness of womanhood in her life, of that I’m sure. To all of them, including friends, thank you, thank you, thank you; from the deepest place in my heart.

Happy Mother's Day!
~~~

11 comments:

cocked and loaded said...

Happy Mothers Day!

Anonymous said...

I know it's a bit late, Suz ... but we hope you had a VERY happy Mother's Day!

Crossing The Line said...

I hope your day was a wonderful one.

Z said...

Setting an example is so important...makes me fearful for the next generation because, as many good mothers and Godly women as I think you are may be out there, so many aren't.......
But, I won't end on a downer.
I hope you had a GRAND Mother's Day, Susannah!! Marvelous that you have such very positive feelings about so many women in your life.

Susannah said...

C&L~ Great to have you back! Thank you. Hope yours was nice, as well.

OweMe1~ And to think you thought enough to come comment! :) Thanks - hope yours was lovely.

Debra~ So glad you came by! Our day was terrific, & I hope yours was!

Z~ I hope you had a terrific day as well. Wasn't it your sister-in-law (or neice?) who has been praying for Godly spouses for her sons? And I'm doing that...& the friends I have are...Scroll down to 5-8-09 & re-read what Beth Moore says about the faithful remnant. That's US!! God will honor our faithfulness in the next generation! :) Pray like crazy, girl! :)

Oh & have you ever read The Red Tent? (It's on my side-bar book list.) I sometimes feel like Dinah -minus all the heartache - with the richness of strong feminine models in her life. (It's a GREAT book!) I am truly grateful.

Anonymous said...

Happy belated Mothers day. I don't tell my mom how much I appreciate the way she raised me nearly enough.

Anonymous said...

I hope you ALL had a Great and Very Special day.

Debbies Choice said...

I'm sorry that I'm a bit late, but Happy Mothers Day :)

The Eyes Of An Angel said...

I love your blog..

Being Right said...

I get the "Big Idea" Susannah. Thanks

Susannah said...

Kris~ Thank you; and I hope you & yours had a lovely Mother's Day as well. Take care.

Conserv.~ So glad to see you! It has been a while! Thanks for coming by & hope to see you soon~

Debbie~ Thanks so much! I'm even later w/ this comment - hope you had a great day as well!!

Angel~ Thanks so much! and thanks for the follow. Please do come back real soon~

Being Right~ You do? Fantastic! Spread the word!! ;) Thanks for the follow!